National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program
Fellowships begin either in summer or fall based on NSF’s award notification.
- $34,000 stipend from the National Science Foundation, paid thru Graduate College
- Institutional support
- Resident tuition or Graduate Nonresident tuition based on residency classification
- ASU Student Health insurance: registration via My ASU website fall semester will automatically trigger spring’s ASU student health enrollment
- $750 in research/educational expenses if requested; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-5873 with questions
- Funds can be used for research supplies and/or travel.
- If you want to purchase supplies, you can submit a request to us and we will process the order for you.
- If you choose to use the funds for travel, contact Savannah Barragan at Savannah.Barragan@asu.edu for assistance.
- Summer graduate tuition: registration’s balance due covered up to a total of 6 graduate-level credits for summer term
- Responsible Conduct of Research training is mandatory for all NSF fellows; therefore, please go to the following website and check next training date(s): https://researchintegrity.asu.edu/training/rcrtraining
- For fellowship stipends ASU has no tax reporting or tax withholding responsibilities unless the student is a nonresident for US tax reporting purposes. Please refer to the information for graduate fellowships on the Graduate College website with regards to income tax considerations https://graduate.asu.edu/tax-considerations
NSF Coordinating Official for ASU - Katrina Roalson, Director, Fiscal Business Services, 480-965-7627, email@example.com.