Graduate College

Petition to Graduate College

Use this form to petition for special exceptions to policy or procedure.

Download File(s)

Request for an extension to graduate must be submitted on a paper petition and signed by your entire committee and the head of the academic unit. The petition must include the following information in order for us to review.

  • The planned semester of graduation
  • Why you didn't complete your degree in the time limit allowed
  • Why your circumstances warrant an exception to the policy
  • A detailed timeline of the steps you will take to ensure you complete your remaining degree requirements by your requested extension term.
  • If you are required to complete a thesis or dissertation, your timeline must include details of when you will complete each chapter of your document, provide a final draft to your committee, and hold your defense.
  • A statement that you understand the extension you are requesting is your only extension and that no further requests for an extension will be granted.

Graduate College will review the petition and make a final determination.