Building Networked Communities Summer Series gives support staff new tools for student retention and recruitment
The Building Networked Communities Summer Series are meetings that provide ASU support staff, program chairs and directors with updates on recruitment, admissions, student success, and technology improvements of administrative systems and procedures.
Overview of the new Graduate Persistence Dashboard
On May 22, 2023, the first part in the series, titled Overview of the new Graduate Persistence Dashboard, included the following information delivered by Steve Yena, director of Data and Technology, Graduate College:
- An overview of practical uses for the Graduate Persistence Dashboard
- Key skills in identifying essential factors that influence graduate student success
- Tips on how to leverage the dashboard to make informed, data-driven decisions to improve graduate student outcomes
Strategies for recruitment and admission of graduate students
Since graduate students are an exciting population, understanding their needs helps with recruitment. On June 21, 2023, staff learned recruitment best practices during the second part of the series, Strategies for recruitment and admission of graduate students. This webinar was presented by Chester Henderson, associate director of Graduate and International Transfer Recruitment, Admission Services.
- An overview of the Domestic and International Graduate Admission Funnel
- A review of PS and Salesforce resources
- A quick outline about graduate processing
- Graduate recruitment best practices
Unveiling the Graduate Salesforce Advisor Portal
The last session in the 2023 summer series, Unveiling the Graduate Salesforce Advisor Portal, Janet Duke, assistant director of Graduate Support at the Graduate College, presented a sneak peek of the graduate advisor portal, the benefits of using it and how it's different from the undergraduate advisor portal.
- An overview of the uses and benefits of the Salesforce Graduate Advisor Portal
- Learn new strategies and tools for using Salesforce
- Discover ways to customize Salesforce to graduate students, with example cases