Preparing Future Faculty and Scholars is a weekly professional development seminar for doctoral and MFA students as well as postdocs who are interested in exploring multiple career opportunities — whether in academia, industry, government or the not-for-profit sector.
All doctoral students, MFAs and postdocs (irrespective of enrollment in PFx) are welcome to join the following open sessions.
All sessions will be held in Bateman Physical Sciences Center F Wing, 101
Structure and Organization of Academia
September 7, 9:40 to 11:35 a.m.
- Dr. George Justice, Professor of English, ASU
- Dr. Craig Jacobsen, Chair, English, Mesa Community College
Putting Your Advanced Degree to Work Outside the Academy: Entrepreneurship and Industry
October 5, 9:40 to 11:35 a.m.
- Wiley Larsen, Program Manager Postdoctoral Affairs Office, ASU
- Dr. Hadi Sharifi, Cloud Architect, lo T Industrial Systems, Intel Corporation
November 2, 9:40 to 11:35 a.m
- Annie Maxfield, Interim Director, Graduate Student Writing, Resource and Professional Development, UCLA
- Renee Klug, Senior International Educator, Global Launch, ASU