Resources for Postdocs
This page offers several links to resources available for postdocs who are at ASU or are interested in taking a position at ASU. If you have questions that are not addressed in these links, don’t hesitate to contact Wiley Larsen, program manager.
Lunch & Learn Videos
- April 15, 2021 - All About Reviews with Lara Ferry
- April 1, 2021 - Considerations for Publication with Tristan Rebe
- March 18, 2021 - Polishing your Writing with Julianne Stratman
- March 4, 2021 - Writing Groups and Peer Review with Julianne Stratman
- February 18, 2021 - Writing Habits and Long Term Planning with Lisa Cahill
- February 4, 2021 - Intro to PowerNotes with Todd Rossell
- January 21, 2021 - Intellectual Property for Researchers with Michael Lee
- January 14, 2021 - Project Management for Research with Susan Wynn
- October 15, 2020 - Writing a Diversity Statement with Rod Roscoe
- September 30, 2020 - The Academic Interview Process with Adam Carberry
- September 16, 2020 - Writing your Teaching Statement with Keith Hjelmstad
- September 10, 2020 - Writing your Research Statement with Michael E Smith
- September 9, 2020 - Preparing your CV with Duane Roen
- September 3, 2020 - The importance of mentoring with Zachary Reeves-Blurton
- August 27, 2020 - Writing a great Cover Letter with Matt Green
- August 20, 2020 - Choosing the Right Academic Career with B. Allenby and J. Adamson
- July 16, 2020 - What is a Personal Brand and why you need one with Tracy Viselli
- June 18, 2020 - Project Management: Working Agile with David Hammerslag
- June 4, 2020 - The Possibilites of Peer Mentorship with Dr. Meseret Hailu
- Visit funding.asu.edu for upcoming grant and proposal writing workshops
Employee Tuition Reduction
- Reduced in-state tuition is available to faculty and staff who are employed at least 50% within the state university system, their spouses and dependent children. You must be employed on the first day of the session to be eligible for employee reduced in-state tuition. At ASU, the Qualified Tuition Reduction Form must be submitted on or before the first day of a session to qualify for reduced tuition. For details, visit https://students.asu.edu/tuition-reduction
Resources for new postdocs
We are glad you are here! Take a minute and tell us about yourself.
Resources at ASU
ASU Family Resources - Find information and resources help you juggle parenting or elder care, study and work.
ASU funding guidelines - ASU Funding Information distributes specific funding opportunity announcements to deans, department chairs, and individual faculty, as appropriate. Personnel knowledgeable about current grant and contract opportunities regularly hold workshops to assist faculty and staff in locating funding for their scholarly activities. Funding Information also provides liaison with the Community of Science (COS) and Grants Resource Center (GRC) for the University community.
ASU office of research and special projects administration (ORSPA) - ORSPA subscribes to many national databases and is constantly searching for career opportunities for junior faculty, new investigators, and other scholars who are at an early stage in their careers.
Preparing Future Faculty and Scholars (PFx) - PFx is a two-semester course that will introduce you to the many ways of mobilizing knowledge for multiple audiences as you explore diverse career pathways
Resources outside ASU
Teaching and Learning Resources, Brown University