"Fulbright Foreign Student Program" at ASU
The Fulbright Program is the leading international exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to provide students and professionals with the opportunity to study, teach and conduct research worldwide. For more information about the Fulbright Program for international students, please visit https://foreign.fulbrightonline.org.
The Graduate College helps to administer this fellowship program to awarded international students for their degree study at ASU. ASU students wishing to apply for the U.S. Fulbright program to study/teach abroad should refer to https://onsa.asu.edu/fulbright.
About this Award
- Incoming Fulbright Fellows generally have a combination of funding from ASU and the Fulbright Commission in their home country which may include tuition, health insurance and monthly stipends.
- The ASU Graduate College commits to providing an award for the non-resident portion of graduate international tuition for fall and spring terms for eligible students. Summer tuition is not covered under this committment.
- Resident tuition, mandatory fees, special fees, program tuition fees, international visa fees, and ASU student health insurance will not be included in our commitment.
- In the event the students receive an assistantship, the tuition expenses may be covered full or in part by that assistantship.
- The ASU Graduate College works with the Institute of International Education (IIE) or any of the binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations to ensure that the appropriate scholarships, fellowships, and tuition awards are applied to the student or billed to the appropriate commission/foundation.
- ASU’s International Student and Scholar Center assists all incoming Fulbright students and scholars by facilitating support and services for them as they prepare for, arrive, study and conduct research at ASU.
ASU Graduate College: GCFellowships@asu.edu
International Students and Scholars Center - firstname.lastname@example.org
COMEXUS Fulbright Partnership
The Mexico-United States Commission for Educational and Cultural Exchange (COMEXUS), is a bi-national organization established between the governments of Mexico and the United States of America, which is responsible for administering the Fulbright-García Robles Scholarship for Postgraduate Studies in the United States. Through the "Fulbright-García Robles" scholarships, COMEXUS supports students, researchers and teachers to carry out postgraduate studies, research stays, teaching and professionalization programs in the United States.
The Graduate College provides additional support to "Fulbright-García Robles" students working with COMEXUS in Mexico to ASU for graduate studies. Awarded scholars receive an assistantship* with stipend, full tuition award, and additional funding that covers standard fees and health insurance from ASU. COMEXUS provides remaining living expenses and additional Fulbright medical insurance coverage.
*Teaching Assistantship language requirements apply as outlined at https://graduate.asu.edu/current-students/funding-opportunities/graduate-appointments-and-assistantships/policies-and-procedures/ta.
Each fellow is personally responsible for individual taxes related to this award. Additional information regarding tax issues related to awards can be found at tax considerations. Specific questions should be directed to a tax advisor or contact the ASU Financial Aid and Scholarship Services.