The NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program recognizes and supports outstanding graduate students in NSF-supported science, technology, engineering, and mathematics disciplines who are pursuing research-based Master's and doctoral degrees at accredited United States institutions. For more information about the NSF-GRFP program, please visit www.nsfgrfp.org.
The Graduate College helps to administer this fellowship program to awarded ASU students. Fellowships begin either in summer or fall based on NSF’s award notification.
About this Award
- $34,000 annual stipend from the National Science Foundation, paid through the Graduate College on a monthly basis.
- Institutional support:
- Graduate resident or graduate nonresident tuition based on residency classification.
- ASU student health insurance: registration via MyASU website fall semester will automatically trigger spring’s ASU student health enrollment.
- $750 in research/educational expenses if requested; contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-5873 with questions. Funds can be used for research supplies and/or travel. If you want to purchase supplies, you can submit a request to us and we will process the order for you. If you choose to use the funds for travel, contact Savannah Barragan at Savannah.Barragan@asu.edu for assistance.
- Summer graduate tuition: registration’s balance due covered up to a total of six graduate-level credits for the summer term.
NSF Coordinating Official for ASU - Katrina Roalson, Director, Fiscal Business Services, 480-965-7627, email@example.com
- Responsible Conduct of Research training is mandatory for all NSF fellows; therefore, please go to the following website and check next training date(s): https://researchintegrity.asu.edu/training/rcrtraining.
- For fellowship stipends, ASU has no tax reporting or tax withholding responsibilities unless the student is a nonresident for US tax reporting purposes. Please refer to the information for graduate fellowships with regards to income tax considerations.