Recruitment Airfare Awards
These awards cover airfare to assist academic units in bringing diverse and highly-qualified Doctoral, MFA, or terminal degree applicants to campus for recruitment visits. Academic units are responsible for providing lodging, meals, and local transportation (shuttle, taxi).
Award process for 2020-21 cycle has been altered in light of travel and campus event protocols in place. For information about the modified process, ASU staff and faculy should contact email@example.com.
About this Award
- Academic units should request 'block' or total dollar amount
Deadline for awards incoming AY 2021-22 cohort is January 22, 2021.
Submission deadline is 5:00 p.m. local time.
Interested units should apply in advance of campus visits for funding. Only one proposal may be submitted per academic unit/department. Funding may be used to bring Doctoral, Master of Fine Art, and other terminal degree applicants to campus for recruitment, interview, admission, or yielding purposes with the specific intention of increasing the quality and/or diversity of the incoming class.
Award Procedures - not applicable for AY 21-22 recruitment cycle
1. Graduate Faculty Program Chair/Director or designee electronically submits a completed Graduate College Recruitment Airfare Award Proposal Form.
- Proposals will be evaluated based on these information provided as well as the record of units in successfully utilizing past awards
- NOTE: Late proposals are unlikely to receive support.
2. The Graduate College will review the proposal and award a set dollar amount to the unit to be used at their discretion for economy-class airfare only (additional booking fees, seat selection fees, etc. are not covered). Units will be notified via email of their awarded amount approximately four weeks after the proposal deadline.
3. After completion of the recruitment cycle, the unit is responsible for submitting the Recruitment Airfare Reimbursement Request which will include uploading the folowing:
- Airfare Award Recipient Form (form will be sent with award notification)
- Detailed Revenue Expense and Ledger Accounts Report from WorkDay with transactions identified (samples available)
- All supporting documentation (itemized receipts showing proof of payment for identified transactions)
4. The Graduate College will review and approve the submitted request and documentation, then send an email with next steps for journaling funds.